Call for Landscape Architecture Firm Award Nominations
The call for nominations is open for the 2017 ASLA Honors. These prestigious awards recognize individuals and organizations for their lifetime achievements and notable contributions to the profession of landscape architecture.
One of the ASLA Honors is the Landscape Architecture Firm Award, the highest honor that the American Society of Landscape Architects may bestow on a landscape architecture firm. ASLA would like to increase the number of nominations received for firms with female founders and principals.
Nominations may be made by an ASLA professional member or an ASLA chapter. Many nominations are submitted by the firm’s principal. Please consider having your firm nominated. The deadline for all nominations is Friday, January 20, 2017.
Any firm or successor firms in which the continuing collaboration among individuals of the firm has been the principal force in consistently producing distinguished landscape architecture for a period of at least 10 years.
Criteria for Judging:
- The firm’s influence on the direction/profession of landscape architecture.
- The collaborative environment of the firm, evidencing strong communication among specific areas of expertise.
- The consistent quality of the firm’s work and its recognition by those who practice landscape architecture, by those who teach landscape architecture, by members of the design and construction community, and by the general public.
All nominations must be submitted in a single black 1/2 inch view binder to ASLA by January 20, 2017, 5:00 pm EST. Each submission binder must display the following items in clear plastic sheet protectors, in the order listed below:
- A brief history of the firm, not to exceed two (2) typewritten pages.
- A list of the firm’s achievements, not to exceed two (2) typewritten pages.
- A brief biography of firm principals, not to exceed four (4) typewritten pages, total.
- Up to ten (10) photographs of early, middle, and recent work of the firm.
- Photo of each firm principal, or group photo.
Past Winners of the Landscape Architecture Firm Award:
2016 – Michael Van Valkenburgh Associates Inc.
2015 – The Office of James Burnett
2014 – Oehme, van Sweden & Associates
2013 – Reed Hilderbrand
2012 – PWP Landscape Architecture
2011 – JJR
2010 – EDSA
2009 – EDAW | AECOM
2008 – Design Workshop
2007 – Sasaki Associates, Inc.
2006 – Olin Partnership
2005 – SWA Group
2004 – Wallace Roberts & Todd, LLC
2003 – Jones & Jones
For questions about the nomination process for ASLA Honors, please contact Carolyn Mitchell, ASLA Honors and Awards Coordinator, at 202-216-2331 or firstname.lastname@example.org.