The Transportation Research Board (TRB) Standing Committee on Landscape and Environmental Design (AFB40) is now accepting application submissions to present poster displays at TRB’s 2018 Annual Meeting in Washington, DC (January 7-11, 2018). This year’s annual meeting theme is Moving the Economy of the Future. The submission deadline for poster displays is September 15, 2017. Additional information can be found on the TRB AFB40 website.
Posters should detail research and projects that included innovative transportation landscape and environmental design practice. Examples of relevant research include:
- technical approaches used during resource assessment, impact analysis, or similar environmental processes,
- technical approaches used for integrating natural resources and transportation,
- unique planning, regulatory compliance, and permitting approaches,
- successful mitigation and enhancement applications,
- environmental stewardship,
- lessons learned and other landscape design-related aspects of project development, including visual impact assessment and documentation methods,
- technical approaches used for integrating social, economic, or environmental considerations into transportation projects.
Practitioners with finished and ongoing projects from environmental design areas, including green streets, roadsides for pollinators, complete streets, transportation design impacts on main streets, landscape design for road safety applications, and art in transportation are also encouraged to submit.
by Christine Colley, ASLA, Transportation PPN Officer, and Martin Palmer, Washington State Department of Transportation