ASLA will host the 2018 Diversity Summit from June 22-24 at the ASLA Center for Landscape Architecture in Washington, D.C. The six new professionals from the 2017 Diversity SuperSummit have been invited back, and ASLA is looking to invite six new participants to add valuable input to discussions and resource development. The goals of the 2018 Diversity Summit are to review benchmarks prioritized from the 2017 Diversity SuperSummit and create opportunities for participants to research and workshop resources for ASLA’s career discovery and diversity program.
Eligibility & Deadline
If you are a landscape architecture professional of color in the United States with at least two years of professional experience and are interested in applying, please complete the 2018 ASLA Diversity Summit Call for Letters of Interest by Wednesday, March 7.
The Call for Letters of Interest asks you to submit three documents:
- Resume (two pages maximum – to be uploaded)
- One Letter of Recommendation (to be uploaded). The letter should specifically address your merit as a landscape architecture professional and addressing diversity in the field.
- Letter of Interest (750-word maximum).
- How will your experience and values be beneficial to ASLA’s Diversity Summit?
- What is your vision for ASLA’s career discovery and diversity program in the coming years?
- What do you hope to get out of participating?
Selected participants will be notified in early April. ASLA will pay primary transportation and two nights lodging for all participants, and breakfast and lunch will be provided on the summit days.
About the ASLA Diversity Summit
Since 2013, the American Society of Landscape Architects has convened an annual Diversity Summit to aid in tackling the lack of diversity among landscape architecture professionals. In 2017, ASLA hosted the Diversity SuperSummit in Washington, D.C. All past summit participants were invited back along with six new professionals. Participants discussed diversity issues and prioritized action items for the Society to carry through as part of its commitment to fostering diversity in the field.
For questions, please email email@example.com.