ASLA 2020 Student Awards:
- Friday, May 15: entry fees due
- Sunday, May 31, 11:59 p.m. PT: submissions due
The American Society of Landscape Architects has extended the registration and submission deadlines for the 2020 Student Awards to provide extra time to registrants and submitters who are facing challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Applicants must pay the required entry fee(s) before proceeding to the next step of the submission process.
Each year, the ASLA Student Awards give us a glimpse into the future of the profession. Award recipients receive featured coverage in Landscape Architecture Magazine, and ASLA will honor the award recipients, their clients, and advisors at the awards presentation ceremony during the ASLA Conference on Landscape Architecture in Miami Beach.
Entries for the Student Awards are completed through the online submission platform. To log in, current ASLA members should enter their ASLA member ID as their username along with the same password used to log in to asla.org. Watch the entrant video for an overview on submitting your application.
Entries are being accepted in eight categories:
- General Design
- Residential Design
- Analysis and Planning
- Urban Design (new!)
- Community Service Award
- Student Collaboration
The jury may select one Award of Excellence and any number of Honor Awards for each category. It is not guaranteed that an Award of Excellence will be selected each year, as it is up to the jury’s discretion. This year’s Student Awards Jury includes:
- Jury Chair: Kristina Hill – University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA
- Adam Arvidson, FASLA – Landscape Architect, Writer, Minneapolis, MN
- Lucia Athens, ASLA – Office of Sustainability, City of Austin, Austin, TX
- C.L. Bohannon, PhD, ASLA – Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA
- Jonathon Geels, ASLA – Troyer Group, Grand Rapids, MI
- Rikerrious Geter, Associate ASLA – GGN, Seattle, WA
- Luis González, ASLA – Lennar, Fairfax, VA
- Melissa Henao-Robledo, ASLA – Landscape Forms, Kalamazoo, MI
- Ernest C. Wong, FASLA – Site Design Group, Chicago, IL
Questions about the submission process may be directed to email@example.com or (202) 216-2331.