Registration is open for the American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA)’s 2022 PreK-12 Summit: DREAM BIG with Design, A Virtual Showcase of Landscape Architecture and PreK-12 Design Learning.
Scheduled for Thursday, September 22, and Friday, September 23, DREAM BIG with Design will highlight the exciting world of landscape architecture with fun sessions and resources for students in grades preK-12. PreK-12 teachers, school counselors, after school leaders, family members, and design professionals are invited to attend.
This year, DREAM BIG will immerse students in design-centered strategies that address some of the most critical issues of our time—green infrastructure, equity in design, climate action, transportation for all, water and stormwater, and more.
If you have questions about the registration process, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sustainable Landscapes & Planning: Theme Park Design with Walt Disney Imagineering
- Ecological Design: Designing with Pollinators/Bee Conservation
- Exploring the “Arts” in STEAM
- Enter the Drone Zone—Technology in Landscape Architecture
In addition to landscape architect teams from Legoland and Disney, special guests will include:
- Clay Bolt, World Wildlife Fund
- Nahal Sohbati and Eric Arneson, Founders, Topophyla
- “Dr. Bugs” – Dr. Samuel Ramsey, University of Colorado Boulder’s BioFrontiers Institute
- Billy Jonas, award-winning children’s musician
To get a sense of what DREAM BIG is all about, see highlights from DREAM BIG with Design 2021.
Join ASLA’s PreK-12 Network
Sign up to receive exciting news about ASLA’s preK-12 outreach programming and events.
ASLA Members: if you are especially keen on contributing to career discovery initiatives, consider applying to join ASLA’s Career Discovery and K-12 Advisory Group. Applications for volunteer service are being accepted now through October 5, 2022.
Spread the Word on Social Media
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to access free resources and connect with preK-12 students, educators, and landscape architects across the country. Register now!
If you have questions about DREAM BIG with Design, email Lisa J. Jennings, Senior Manager, Career Discovery and Diversity, at email@example.com.
Donate to the ASLA Fund
ASLA invites you to join its Circle of Supporters for ASLA’s annual virtual PreK-12 Summit, DREAM BIG with Design, A Showcase of Landscape Architecture and PreK-12 Design Learning. The ASLA Fund is the 501(c)(3) charitable foundation of the American Society of Landscape Architects, supported by the tax-deductible contributions of ASLA members and other individuals and organizations, and committed to the careful stewardship and artful design of our cultural and natural environment.
ASLA DREAM BIG is made possible by support from:
- Boston Architectural College
- Confluence | Landscape Architecture, Planning + Urban Design
- Iowa State University
- Landscape Forms
- OJB Landscape Architecture
- Proven Winners – Spring Meadow Nursery, Inc.
- Tom Mroz, PLA, FASLA