Fellowship is among the highest honors ASLA bestows on members and recognizes the contributions of these individuals to their profession and society at large based on their works, leadership and management, knowledge, and service.
Nominations may be made by the executive committee of a chapter, the executive committee of ASLA, or the executive committee of the Council of Fellows in one of four categories:
To be eligible for nomination, an individual must:
- Be a current ASLA Full Member or International Member in good standing.
- Have achieved at least 10 continuous years of FULL membership at the time of nomination.
- Have demonstrated exceptional contributions over an extended period of time.
- Have made a significant positive impact on the public and the profession.
Contact your local chapter if you meet the criteria and are interested. The deadline for nominations to the Council of Fellows is midnight PT on February 15, 2023.
Watch Demystifying the Fellows Nomination Process to learn what you need to know if you are interested in being nominated and best practices on preparing nominations. The goal of the webinar is to increase transparency in the process and to encourage nominees who reflect the diversity of the profession:
Check out the website for additional information on:
- Categories of nomination
- Category-specific nomination templates
- Sample nominations using the new templates
- Creating an account in the online submission system
Contact your local chapter if you meet the criteria and are interested. Even if you’re not ready for this round of nominations, beginning your preparations early and familiarizing yourself with the process is the best way to get started. Please contact Curt Millay, ASLA, PLA, if you have any questions.