World Landscape Architecture Month (WLAM) celebrates the role of landscape architects in shaping healthy, resilient, and beautiful places for all. April brings the opportunity to promote the profession and inspire the next generation of landscape architects. Get ready to take part in all the special offerings happening next month!
Use the hashtag #WLAM2023 to showcase your work on social media and connect with participants from around the world. Tag @NationalASLA for a chance to be featured on ASLA social media profiles, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter, as well as in Landscape Architecture Magazine!
World Landscape Architecture Month Daily Prompts
- favorite project
- a day in the life
- plants – Planting Design PPN members, this one’s for you!
- I am passionate about…
- landscape architects in action
- current project
- public space
- residential landscape architecture – we’d love to see Residential Landscape Architecture and Design-Build PPN members doing residential work posting for this prompt!
- I am researching… – Education & Practice PPN members, get the word out about the research you’re doing.
- urban design – a perfect fit for Urban Design PPN members, of course.
- outdoor play – Children’s Outdoor Environments PPN, take note!
- I work here
- green infrastructure – many project types may incorporate green infrastructure, but Sustainable Design & Development PPN members will certainly have a strong connection to this prompt.
- biodiversity – Ecology & Restoration PPN
- community – Community Design PPN
- am or pm
- currently reading
- water – Water Conservation PPN
- technology – Digital Technology PPN
- parks – Parks & Recreation PPN
- design process
- streetscape – Transportation PPN
Connect with your chapter this WLAM through one of the initiatives highlighted in LAND, from Instagram takeovers to site tours and symposia. A number of ASLA chapters also have conferences coming up in April.
ASLA Online Learning: Best of ASLA2022
Stream three top sessions from the ASLA 2022 Conference on Landscape Architecture on-demand during World Landscape Architecture Month! ASLA members have exclusive access to this webinar bundle in celebration of WLAM. Watch all three and complete the post-presentation quiz to earn 3.75 PDH (LA CES/HSW):
- City of Trees: Protecting the Urban Forest Through Changing Climates – 1.25 PDH (LA CES/HSW) / 1.0 GBCI SITES-Specific CE
- Drawing Beyond Concepts: The Role of Drawing from Sketch Through Construction – 1.25 PDH (LA CES/HSW)
- Magic Mushrooms: Improving Landscape Performance and Engagement with Fungi – 1.25 PDH (LA CES/HSW) / 1.0 GBCI SITES-Specific CE
Other 2022 conference recording sessions can be purchased separately at learn.asla.org/ASLA2022. Sessions make great education opportunities for earning individual LA CES-approved professional development hours (PDH), office lunch and learns, or chapter events.
For downloadable WLAM2023 logos, a social media toolkit, and more ways to take part in World Landscape Architecture Month, visit asla.org/wlam2023.