Women in Landscape Architecture Walk
Monday, October 30, 2023 | 6:30 – 8:30 a.m. CT
Starting point: Minneapolis Host Chapter Booth, Minneapolis Convention Center
The Minnesota chapter of Womxn in Landscape Architecture (WxLA-MN) is excited to continue the tradition of leading conference attendees on the annual Women in Landscape Architecture Walk through downtown Minneapolis at this year’s ASLA Conference on Landscape Architecture.
The local WxLA-MN organization was founded in 2011, with the mission to provide increased transparency, leadership, and representation for womxn (women, women-identifying, and non-binary people) in the profession by providing mentorship and scholarship opportunities. The organization has grown its presence in the Twin Cities landscape architecture community—WxLA-MN has provided over 20 scholarships, hosts regular happy hours, and plans various networking and educational events.
This year’s Women in Landscape Architecture Walk is an ambitious 3.75 mile round trip to the Mississippi River and back. You’re guaranteed to meet or exceed your daily step goals while passing through a broad range of city planning and landscape architecture projects designed by womxn practitioners in our great state and region!
At the River, we will pause at this sacred space for a land acknowledgement in coordination with the Minnesota Indian Women’s Sexual Assault Coalition. WxLA-MN is donating to MIWSAC and encourages walk attendees to consider a donation in conjunction with the land acknowledgement. A QR code will be provided.
Meet at the Minneapolis Host Chapter Booth in the Convention Center at 6:30 a.m. on Monday, October 30. Volunteers will be distributing hand-warmers at the start of the walk. Coffee and donuts will also be provided at the mid-point. Don’t forget to pack your warmest hats & mittens, your puffiest coat, and your sturdiest all-weather shoes/boots!
We will be using Zoom during the walk so that attendees can hear the speakers. Please bring a set of earbuds/headphones to listen in!
- Jean M. Garbarini, ASLA, Principal Landscape Architect, Damon Farber Landscape Architects
- Joan Macleod, Vice President, Damon Farber Associates
- Megan Born, ASLA, Associate Partner, Field Operations
- Vanessa Eickhoff, ASLA, Senior Landscape Architect, Perkins+Will
- Katherine Gould, ASLA, Landscape Architect, Bolton & Menk, Inc.
- Rebecca Krinke, ASLA, Professor and Director of Graduate Studies, Landscape Architecture, University of Minnesota
- Nicole Matthews, Executive Director, Minnesota Indian Women’s Sexual Assault Coalition
- Beth Elliott, AICP, Principal, Stantec
- Mary Lydecker, ASLA, LEED AP, Principal, Hargreaves Jones
- Sandra Rolph, ASLA, PLA, LEED AP, Principal, O2 Design
- Yuqi Yan, ASLA, Associate, O2 Design
- Lydia Major, ASLA, PLA, LEED AP, Landscape Architecture & Planning Studio Leader, LHB
- Heidi Bringman, ASLA, Landscape Architect/Wetland Specialist, LHB