The 2018 ASLA Annual Meeting and EXPO in Philadelphia this month offers many opportunities to learn and network during the largest gathering of landscape architects in the world. In addition to education sessions, field sessions, and workshops, ASLA’s Professional Practice Networks (PPNs) offer two more ways to earn professional development hours (PDH), right on the EXPO floor:
- New this year, there will be four Professional Practice Network (PPN) sessions for PDH, taking place in PPN Live on the EXPO floor on Saturday and Sunday, October 20-21
- Eight PPN EXPO Tours on Saturday and Sunday, October 20-21.
PPN Meetings for PDH
International Practice PPN Meeting
Rethinking Landscape Interventions During Urban Renewal of Chinese Cities
Saturday, October 20, 9:15 – 10:15 am
1.0 PDH LA CES / HSW
Unleashed urban sprawl propelled by rapid economic development has caused many issues in China during the past 40 years. With growing public awareness and global vision on the environmental quality, social justice, and cultural heritage in China, as well as the ever strict control on land uses across the country, many cities are refocusing on the developed areas and promoting urban renewal efforts. Case studies will be used to discuss the challenges and opportunities in the recent urban renewal efforts in China through the lens of governance, urban planning, and landscape design.
- Dou Zhang, PLA, ASLA, Sasaki Associates;
- Ming-Jen Hsueh, ASLA, Sasaki Associates;
- Yufan Zhu, Tsinghua University