The ASLA 2021 Game Changer contenders have been announced! Head over to @nationalasla on Instagram to watch all the videos and vote, either through ASLA’s Game Changers Instagram story or as a comment on the two Game Changer posts: videos #1-9 here and videos #10-15 here.
Help us choose the finalists who will present their big idea at the ASLA Conference on Landscape Architecture this November in Nashville.
Cast your vote for your favorite submissions today, then stay tuned to see who will meet us in Music City.
Here are the contenders:
- Ellen Biegert, ASLA, Horsley Witten Group
Adjusting Lens Design Process
- Cameron Berglund, ASLA, Berglund Studio
Landscape Architecture Education in the Majority World: Empowering Beyond Poverty
- Patricia Matamoros, ASLA, Savino & Miller Design Studio
A Streetscape Adaptation Strategy Using Permeable Pavers
- Joe Chambers, ASLA, Landscape Architecture Bureau (LAB)
Critterscaping—Plants are No Longer Enough in the Anthropocene
- Kurt Chan, University of Hong Kong
From “Sea Desert” to “Brine-shed”—An Incubator System with a Decentralized Desalination Strategy
- Bryce Carnehl, ASLA, Hunter Industries
Under pressure? Us too! Pressure regulations are coming for us. Ready?
- Sarah Kwon, ASLA, Victor Stanley
Smart cities aren’t born that way. They’re designed intelligently with Relay.
- Stephanie Onwenu, Assoc. ASLA, Ijeomalandartscapes LLC
Artscapes in Marginalia
- Melissa Quinn, Earthscape Play
POE’s & Play: Tools for Reflection and Growth
- Matthew Quirey, Student ASLA, The Ray
Reimagining Roadside Landscapes
- Stephanie Reed, ASLA, UPLA Studio
The Complete Green Envelope
- Kelli Schwab, ASLA, Wenk Associates
Reimagine the Storm Drain
- Whitney Tidd, ASLA, Dix.Hite + Partners
A holistic approach to marketing and communications would help demonstrate our value
- Alex Waffle, ASLA, Earthscape Play
No More Plastic Play Spaces
- Roger Socha, ASLA, Trueform
The Give Back
To watch Game Changer videos #1-9:
To watch Game Changer videos #10-15:
These videos were submitted in response to ASLA’s call for game-changing ideas that can move the profession forward—ideas from different perspectives, voices, and backgrounds.
Game Changer sessions are designed to be fast-paced, innovative talks. Presenters will have just seven minutes to share their game-changing concept.
Good luck to all our Game Changer contenders, and we look forward to seeing you in Nashville. The advanced rate registration deadline, October 14, is less than a month away—register now to join is November!