by Ian Bucacink, M.A., M.L.I.S.
With the holiday season in full swing, what could be a better gift than a book authored by one of ASLA’s members? At one time, ASLA operated a brick-and-mortar bookstore out of our national headquarters, but these days we leave it to the professionals at Amazon to handle the ordering and fulfillment. ASLA does receive money from customers that we direct to books on Amazon, but only when people use the special URLs on the ASLA website.
From the Books by ASLA Members landing page, the books are divided into seven categories:
- Landscape Architecture: Landscape architecture design and coffee table books, histories, and analyses
- Sustainability: The Sustainable SITES Initiative® (SITES®) and sustainable design planning, design, implementation, and maintenance how-to books
- Gardens and Gardening: Garden design and coffee table books, histories, and analyses
- Plants, Trees, and Flowers: Guides for how to plant and maintain plants, trees, and flowers in different landscapes
- Biographies: Histories and visual records of works by living and deceased landscape architects
- Urban Planning and Design: Planning and design and how-to books related to climate change, sustainable urban development, sustainable transportation, community involvement, and other urban topics
- Drawing and Design: Drawing and software modeling how-to books by expert landscape architect practitioners